SOUTZOUKAKIA – Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce with Pasta
Ingredients (Servings for 4):
- 1 pound chopped pork
- 4 slices of brown bread
- 2 grated onion
- 2 lightly beaten Eggs
- 3 tbsp Melba toast powdered
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 3 finely chopped mint leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the tomato sauce:
- 4 grated tomato
- 1 small cup olive oil
- 1 grated onion
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp sugar
- Bakery paper
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 packet taglia telle/Fusilli pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dip brown bread slices in water and squeeze bread slices to remove excess water and place in a bowl.
- Add chopped veal, pork, onions, parsley, mint Melba toast, eggs, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Preheat oven at 300 degress F.
- Take out the mixture from the refrigerator.
- Contour the mixture into the long and rounded shaped meatballs and place it into a baking plate with baking paper.
- Bake them in the oven for about 15 minutes.
To make Tomato sauce:
- Take a pan, put some olive oil and heat, and put onion stir to sauté until it soft.
- Add tomato, olive oil, garlic, tomato puree, sugar, salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Boil it until the sauce lightly thickens.
- Now boil the taglia telle/Fusilli pasta and drain out. Then add the “SOUTZOUKAKIA” into the tomato sauce and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
Serve hot with the taglia telle/fusilli pasta and also serve with noodles, rice or finger chips.
For da lovers of Non Vegeterian Dishes, our first Recipe: SOUTZOUKAKIA – Lovely, delicately seasoned meatballs in tomato sauce done in the style of the Greeks. Serve hot with the taglia telle/fusilli pasta or noodles & nJOY